Continuing last weeks post featuring the first of 7 Models Homes “The Dover” designed by Sonya Kinkade Design and Modecor we welcome you to The Oxford. The Oxford is the most popular model for Tamarack Homes mainly due to its size and price. We felt that this one needed to be the showstopper out of all the models; it needed to suit the majority of buyers in style. I decided to put a survey on the SKD Facebook page, showing pictures of several design style and had people vote on their favorite. Hands down the Beach style home with its soft colour combined with warm woods was the favorite so from that point on our Oxford became the “Beach House”.
Above you can see the original floor plan of the Oxford, we changed a few things in the design to better feature the style of home.
Here are the original concept boards presented to Tamarack for approval, again like the Dover, the original concept evolved and took a new form into what it is today.
The Original Lighting
The Changes to the Oxford Kitchen: What did we change?
- Took out the L shaped island with raised counter design and added a 9′ island that housed the sink, microwave and dishwasher
- added more cabinetry to the back wall
- added a glass cabinet that was free standing to the previous dinette area
- added the optional butlers pantry
- took the wall separation between the fridge and the butlers pantry out and used wine cubbies to separate, making it look like one big space.
- chose all the cabinetry style and layout
The changes to the frieplace wall: What did we change?
- Took out the standard fireplace wall and designed a new one
- added builtins
Welcome to THE OXFORD!
- Boshkung-Walnut—Natural Cabinets
- Shaker-White cabinets
- Quartz – TORQUAY
THE FAMILY ROOM
THE DINING ROOM
THE LIVING ROOM
THE OFFICE AND POWDER ROOM
THE MASTER BEDROOM & BATH
BOY’S BEDROOM AND BATH
GIRLS BEDROOM & MAIN BATH
Photography : Charlene Burnside Photography
Designers: Sonya Kinkade Design & Modecor
Builder: Tamarack Homes